[ Environmental Consulting ]
In essence, we become part of a client’s “team” - representing and protecting the client’s best interests.EMG offers several consulting services to support our clients through their environmental regulatory and compliance needs.
Environmental Compliance Services
- Conducting internal compliance audits and performing regulatory analyses to determine the impact of proposed actions or pending legislation.
- Assisting with permit and permit modification applications.
- Identifying permitting requirements at the federal, state and local levels.
- Compiling and analyzing environmental data in support of permit and/or Notices of Violation (NOV) negotiations.
- Developing environmental reports to fulfil regulatory requirements.
- Defining environmental liability and assessing risks.
- Identifying technologies and best management practices to enhance compliance while reducing permitting requirements, control and treatment equipment expenditures, and sampling effort.
EMG understands that waste remediation, transport and disposal activities be conducted effectively and comprehensively while maintaining lines of communication with the appropriate governing bodies.
We have the experience and flexibility to address remediation projects - whatever their size.
- Performing remedial investigations and feasibility studies.
- Developing remedial designs for hazardous groundwater contaminants such as nitrate, chlorinated VOC’s, perchlorate, and BTEX.
- Overseeing well and treatment system installation.
- Developing site health and safety plans and sampling plans.
- Employing innovative technologies and numerical modelling for groundwater and air pollutant remediation and attenuation.
EMG has always maintained a proactive philosophy with regard to pollution prevention.
We understand that the best way to reduce the costs and regulatory liability of wastes and pollutants is to eliminate them at the source.
- Quantifying and characterizing facilities and processes for their air, wastewater, solid, and hazardous waste generation.
- Quantifying raw material and hazardous material usage data.
- Developing strategies for reducing energy usage and raw material usage .
- Waste minimization through process and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) changes.
- New technology/equipment modernization.
- Employee awareness and training.
- Reclamation, reuse, and recycle programs.
- Energy efficiency assessments.
Hazardous Waste Management
We believe that the optimal waste management strategy incorporates specific client needs, and uses various waste management practices to minimize cost to our clients, and impact on the environment.
- Performing facility assessments and waste characterization.
- Conducting treatability studies and technology evaluation.
- Designing waste remediation or treatment systems.
- Assessing disposal options, including reuse and recycling Identifying energy efficiency or recovery opportunities.
- Waste stream life-cycle and source reduction analysis.