Click below for more information on your specific industry:
|EMG International, Inc. Copyright © 2010, All Rights Reserved
Dairy, Heifer and Other Farming Operations
Treatment of manure streams from dairy, heifer and other farming operations can provide unique
challenges due to high organic concentrations with varying biodegradability, increased total and
suspended solids content, and related odor issues. These conditions can require substantially
larger digester volumes along with higher capital investment costs for traditional biological
treatment systems (i.e., plug flow and completely mixed digesters) as compared with EMG’s
Anaerobic Fluidized Bed Digester (AFBD) systems. EMG’s AFBD technology provides significant
operational and efficiency advantages, with much smaller tank volume requirements. These
benefits are realized through using a resilient and highly stable microbial population within our
digester systems. Most farms are able to realize net-positive financial benefit through generation
of electricity and sale to the power grid. We would be happy to work with you in evaluating the
potential benefits of using EMG’s AFBD technology for treatment of your farm’s manure stream.
The successful implementation and operation of this cutting-edge system will be dependent
upon multiple factors, including:
If you are interested in EMG’s AFBD system for manure treatment and energy recovery at your
- Is your management team committed to the project’s success?
- What are your reasons for installing the anaerobic digester?
- What is the number and breakdown of cows at your farm?
- What is the farm layout and how much space is available for the digester
- Does your farm use barns or pastures (dry lots)?
- What type of manure collection system (flush or scrape) and storage lagoons
does your farm use?
- Does your farm use solids separation equipment for manure processing?
- What type of bedding does your farm use (composted bio-solids, saw dust, or
- What are the volume and characteristics of the manure stream generated?
- What are your farm’s existing manure collection and management practices?
- What are your farm’s existing management practices for rainwater and for the
milking parlor wash water?
- What maintenance or service capabilities do you have at your farm?
- What is the projected farm lifespan?
farm, please complete our Farm Digester Feasibility and Evaluation Form or Contact Us today.