Click below for more information on your specific industry:
|EMG International, Inc. Copyright © 2010, All Rights Reserved
Cheese and Dairy Processing
Wastewater from cheese and dairy processing operations can provide unique challenges due to
high organic concentrations (particularly whey and lactose), elevated levels of total and
suspended solids, and high Fats, Oil and Grease (FOG) content. These conditions can present
significant biodegradability and operational issues for traditional biological treatment processes
(i.e., suspended growth biological systems). In comparison, EMG’s Anaerobic Fluidized Bed
Digester (AFBD) technology provides significant operational and efficiency advantages.
These benefits are realized through using a resilient and highly stable microbial population within
our digester systems. Most clients are able to realize net-positive financial benefit through
generation of process heat and/or electricity and substantial savings over other waste
We would be happy to work with you in evaluating the potential benefits of using EMG’s AFBD
technology for your facility’s wastewater stream. The successful implementation and operation of
this cutting-edge system will be dependent upon a multiple factors, including:
- Is your Management team committed to the project’s success?
- What are your reasons for installing the anaerobic system?
- What are the volume and characteristics of the wastewater stream generated?
- What is the facility layout and how much space is available for the system?
- What are your facility’s existing wastewater collection and management
- What maintenance or service capabilities do you have at your facility?
- What is the projected facility lifespan?
If you are interested in EMG’s AFBD system for wastewater treatment and energy recovery at your
facility, please complete our Cheese and Dairy Digester Feasibility and Evaluation or Contact Us